Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Mind of a Crypto Enthusiast

As I've mentioned before in my About Me page, I was first introduced to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general by my brother a few years ago. He has been involved in the space for much longer than I have.

I wanted to share some of his insights with the readers here at World of Crypto.

I asked him a few general and some specific questions and the knowledge he shared is valuable.

The first question: "What are some things that people commonly overlook when thinking about starting a crypto mining rig?"

Response: "A lot of people don't account or understand how power hungry and demanding these rigs really are, and the heat that they produce. Like right now your rig is consuming 12 AMPS on a 15 AMP line, and that's after a 30% reduction in tweaking the voltage on the cards."

The heat is something I can personally attest to.  A mining rig WILL heat up what ever room it is in. It is best to put it somewhere remote if you have the space for it. Definitely do not put it somewhere you will be spending a lot of time in. The heat will make it unenjoyable.

Second Question: "What are you holding?"

Response: "I have Bitcoin, Ethereum, Vechain, Stellar, and Nano. I want to add Litecoin to my portfolio really bad, and NEO. I'm just waiting to get in on a good dip but it (NEO) refuses to stop going up."

Follow up question: "At what price do you think you would buy NEO?"

Response: "I'm willing to be patient. Like if it hits $80 I'm in. I doubt it will though."

Check out this article on NEO: http://bitcoinist.com/why-invest-in-neo/

No comments:

Post a Comment