Monday, February 26, 2018

The Problem With Tron

Tron (TRX) currently has a market cap sitting slightly above $3 Billion.  It has a circulating supply of 65.7 Billion coins with each coin being worth about 4.7 cents. This could be a huge problem and before you start to scream "FUD" let me explain.

I once invested a small amount in Tron on an extremely speculative play because my room mate suggested that there would be a huge run up. That's exactly what happened.  The price ran up from 3 cents per coin to an insane 30 cents per coin before ultimately dropping back down.  If one were to capitalize on this gain it would be a 1000% return, which is absolutely insane.  Although this story sounds great, it really isn't supported by the fundamentals of the coin.

Here is my biggest issue with TRX:

Its White Paper is almost completely copied or extremely basic.  This coin is not bringing anything new to the cryptocurrency space yet it is ranked #14 and ahead of some cryptocurrencies that have strong potential such as VeChain.

My experience with TRX is that it is another coin that's susceptible to a pump and dump. Luckily, I was able to avoid holding a quickly depreciating asset when the inevitable dump occurred.

Maybe it will pump again but personally, I am not going to take that risk and I suggest everyone does their research before investing their hard earned money into TRX.

The general trend for cryptocurrencies has been in an upward trend and it may continue to bring TRX along with it.  However, I suggest looking at cryptocurrencies that have stronger fundamentals and better technology backing it.

Here is where I found the info graph above: https://www.trustnodes.com/2018/01/08/trons-whitepaper-copied-plagiarized

Check out this article on Tron: https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/01/15/cryptocurrency-startup-tron-disaster/

No comments:

Post a Comment